Sign in or
The Chinese health care architecture is largely influenced by the modern western health care system. So the general layout is similar to USA. hospital.
Image source:Chinese Architectural Design Case book 2nd Edition:Volume 7Functional components:
- Medical treatment section:
- Clinic, ER.
- In-patient department, infectious patient department, medical departments, ICU.
- Imaging, surgery, blood bank, physical therapy, pharmacy (western medicine part, Chinese traditional medicine part)
- Service section:
- Support unit, equipment unit
- Laundry room, kitchen,
- Disinfection chamber, mortuary, incinerator
- Administrative section:
- Maintain service, boiler room
- Educational section:
- Classroom, laboratory
- Student dormitory
- Living section:
- Duty room
- Bathroom, dining hall
- Doctor/ intern dormitory
Image source:Chinese Architectural Design Case book 2nd Edition:Volume 7
- The scale of hospitals should not be too large or too small, 600 beds~800 beds size is reasonable. Building coverage ration is about 30% and green space ratio should not be less than 35%.
- The low-rise building and the multi-storey building are better forms for the hospital.
- The façade of hospital should not use too many glass curtain walls and metal ornamental components. It should give expression of clean and comfort.
- The new designed hospital should focus on centralized layout.
- Considering the future expansion, the technical department and parking area should be carefully designed.
- The modern hospital is not a simple therapy building. It has become a building complex that also contains laboratories, information department, education department and classes.
- Small supermarket, gift shore, cafeteria and bank should be set in the public area of the clinic and the inpatient department.
- Use art works, plants and other crafts properly.
- Create an understandable way finding.
Latest page update: made by Chuning
, May 18 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Chuning
20 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: layout
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.